6/24/2016

Mt. Whitney Hiking (4) ~ Ready to go!

Stuff I will carry

Preparing ...

   I am preparing the hiking this weekend.  Finally I decided to wear a light hiking boots instead of mountaineering boots.  I found crampons which are fit the boots.  The other stuff is pretty a similar as past years.   I just packed them into a backpack (45 litters).  It seems all of them can be packed.  The other stuff missed from the photos are a camera, a tripod, therm-a-rest, and some snacks.

   The weight which exclude some water is about 15kg.  It is not too bad.

Target pace

   I will also collect some data for this hiking as well.   This time I set the maximum heart rate during hiking is around 150~155 bpm.   I also minimize the stuff I carry, so that I will see how it helps not to get high heart rate between Outpost Camp and Trail Camp.  Since it was easy to reach higher heart rate in the past hiking.

Plan

   I plan to get to the visitor center around 9am and plan to start hiking before noon.  Then, I might be able to reach Trail Camp before 5pm.  The next day, I will attempt the summit.  I plan to leave Trail Camp very early in the morning, depending on the condition of the switch back.   I will check it on the first day.  Then I will go back to the trail head and go home.


   This time, I will try to shoot some video as well.  After I come home, I will post the report(s) for this hiking!



No comments:

Post a Comment