6/20/2016

Mt. Whitney Hiking 2016 (2)

Trail Camp

I am collecting the current condition for my hiking to Mt. Whitney this weekend

   First of all, the parking at Whitney Portal which is one of big concerns for this season.  Based on the information I checked, the road side parking restriction has not been taking place.  So I will be all right to drive there this weekend.  According to them, it will be announced at least one week in advance.  Thus, people who will go there need to check the situation in advance.

   It seems that there are shuttle serves by some agent, however, "Uber" is probably available in this area as well.   Regarding long term parking during hiking, I was told to check "Lone Pine Chamber"
Over night parking at the visitor center is not allowed.

   I also checked the snow condition above Trail Camp.   It seemed that it was snowing 2 weeks ago and it seems to be hard to predict the snow condition now.   They suggested to check the recent report on the internet.   But there is much snow which is more than a typical years on the switch back.   So people plan to go there next a few weeks, it is better to watch the condition carefully and prepare for snow, such as crampons and an ice axe.

   I will also watch the condition this week what it looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment