7/29/2016

Revised Video Project ~ Smoke & Reciep

Smoked Chicken!  It tastes very good!!

Indoor activities
   Recent posts were mainly outdoor / hiking related articles.   I have not posted about some other topics recently.   A couple years ago, I could not do much outdoor activities due to an injury, stress fracture on my left leg.  I spent a lot of time for indoor activities.  One of them is cooking.  Especially smoked food.  I used to have a smoker and had been smoking meat, fish and other stuff some time in summer time as a part of BBQ.   The taste was good and I like smoked food.  However, the problem was cleaning smoker.   I though it was not big deal and I can continue to use without much cleaning.  However, the smell was getting worse when I used many times.   I guess it could be all right, but after a several use, the taste won't be the best.

Easy smoker!

   After a couple try & error, I found a good way to make smoked food.  That is a disposal smoker with aluminum trays.  If I go to Costco, I can get many trays less than US $10.   Then, we can use 2 trays to make a smoker.  I name it as "Easy Smoker" and I posted some video to YouTube a few years ago.  They are videos with Japanese.   I know many people who probably do not understand Japanese watched videos.   Also the way I made them was not very well.  Since I started shooting some videos during hiking, then I have a better idea to make such video as well.

   So I will plan to make some revised video for smoking / cooking to YouTube and explain a bit more detail in this blog.   Also, I would like to support English version since I got some questions.

Plan for the first revised video

   For Japanese people, I probably do not have to explain some traditional seasoning in Japan.  I used the seasoning / marinate meat and fish.   However, I do believe I probably need to explain what they are and how people who are in outside of Japan.
   They called "Shoyu-Koji, which is soy-sauce with malted rice" and "Shio-Koji, which is salt with malted rice".  They can be used may ways including just as a replacement either Soy-sauce or Salt.  I often use for marinating meat and fish.   It will make food , such as meat and fish, more delicious and tender.
   I posted how to make them in a video before.   But I guess that would be the first one to revise.

 Other than the outdoor activity, I will post some smoking and cooking stuff as well!!


No comments:

Post a Comment