7/26/2016

YouTube Video for Hiking

Mt. Dana ~ The last video I posted for hiking
It is getting a bit better but I have not establish my "style"

   Some people are probably aware that I started posting some video for hiking.   Since my son got an action cam recorder, I borrowed it and I brought it to hiking.  However, it is not really easy to make a good video so far.   I am still on the way to learn how to make a nice video for hiking.

   One of my goals to start this blog is to share nice hiking experiences with photos.   There are not many photos in guide books here.   I had a hard time to imagine what a trail looks like, especially for non-native English speaker like myself.   Therefore, I put as many photos as possible when I post an article for hiking.   However, once I started shooting video, I also watched videos posted by other people and I found it was very useful.   Also, many kids look for YouTube video when they are looking for solutions, how-to-do, other than looking for books and / or some information in writing.  So the way to find the information is getting changed.

   A video has more information than photos.   When I select photos in my article, I tend to pick nice photos and probably not to pick if photos are not really show impression.  Also, I might need to add some notes / explanation other than just putting photos.  It is still much better than just writing something, but video is totally different.   Even if there is no explanation, people will get more information from the video.   Also, a photo is not really impressive, but it can be a part of impressive video.   It is totally different way to edit a video from developing a photo.

 First video for a hiking (actually back country skiing)
I used a head mount to shoot this video, but it is not very good.   It is not really stable and it is not very comfortable to watch it.   Maybe next winter, I will try to take a better video.

   I am still learning how I can present a hiking with a video, but I really want to revisit many places where I have been.  Then, I will try to shoot a video to share.   I did 3 different hiking recently and I am looking for something to make another video.....


No comments:

Post a Comment