5/23/2018

Smart hiking ~ optimize walking pace with heart rate (1)

Running device
Garmin fenix 3 HR

Optimize walking pace during hiking
I think I mentioned a couple times about pace management based on heart rate for hiking, especially mountains over 9,000 feet where many people start getting some symptom of high altitude sickness.  Some people knows I posted about this topic many times in my Japanese page.  I also published a kindle books to talk about this idea.

Here is the link to the book on Amazon in the United States.  Although this is in Japanese .....

Originally, I would translate the same contents as I wrote in the Japanese edition and publish it in English.  However, I decided re-organize and modify some contents for English edition.  It may take longer time to publish, but I believe the contents can be much better for readers.  As a promotion, I will start a series of posts about this topic on this blog as a project.

By the way, I plan to cancel one of my reservation for Mt. Whitney Trail in September early next week, probably late Tuesday night in PDT/USA.  I am not sure when the reservation date would back to the reservation site.  The date is September 21/22, 2018 overnight permit.  People who is looking for the permit, it is better to watch the reservation site to get the one.  Last year, I also did cancel a reservation, however, I could not tell when it came back to the reservation site.







No comments:

Post a Comment