5/05/2018

Garmin Forerunner 645

Forerunner 645

Forerunner645 is available!

I have not checked Garmin web site for a while and I found out Forerunner 645 is available. The price is USD $399.99.  The feature is probably between Forerunner 935 and 735.  Battery life is shorter than Forerunner 935.  Forerunner 645 is up to 7 days as a smart watch,  14 hours with GPS.

Overall, it is probably good enough for regular running and hiking purpose.   Major difference between 935 and 645 is "Training Stauts" and "Training Load" features that fenix 5 also has.

I have fenix 3 HR which does not have those features, but I do not believe they are really important features.  It is probably "nice to have" features.

Based on the price, price for Forerunner 735 is reduce to USD $349.99.  So 735 is attractive for price point of view. 

The other feature I found is this has "Garmin Pay".  It seems that it is a similar feature like "Apple Pay".  Garmin watch really becomes "smart watch" now.  For most of people, Apple watch might have more "nice feature", however for runners / hikers, I guess Garmin watch is probably better due to longer battery life.

For now, fenix 3 HR is probably good enough for me and I do not plan to replace any new product.  However, people who look for a GPS watch, it is probably worth to look around the new products.

No comments:

Post a Comment