5/04/2018

Mt. Whitney Permit 2018 ~ still available in Early / Late season

Mt. Whitney Trail in June

It seems that all available dates are gone except early / late season, in May, June and October.  The first 2 days, I still see some available date in July, August and September.  But after May 3rd, almost all summer time dates were booked.  Now the choice is either early or late season.  Or people may continue to check the reservation site to find out any cancellations.   If people do not mind to go to the visitor center to find out any permit in the last minutes cancellations.

Personally, early season is not too bad if people have a skill set to travel on snow.   I went there in June once, it was not bad at all.  The parking lot had enough space and the trail is relatively quiet.  During summer time, the parking lot is usually full and need to park on the road for most of times.  I also went there in October.  It was not too bad, either.   However that was before snowing.  I probably prefer early season since snow is probably stable and it might be easy to hike in my opinion.

Anyway, I made reservation for different weekends and I will going to cancel them later.  I only need one, but I am not sure which date is better for me.   I will make decision within a months and I will announce in my blog before cancel, probably a few days in advance.  I am not sure when the reservation is back to the site.  Last year, I canceled on of reservations, but I cannot see it was on the site.   It might be gone right away or might be back a couple days after....

No comments:

Post a Comment