11/18/2017

Resting Heart Rate and Training Progress



Resting Heart Rate last 6 mounts

   I posted about relationship training progress and VO2max and Lactate threshold.   I also think the resting heart late has some relationship with training progress as well.

    It is obvious that resting heart rate shows some conditions in short term.   For long term, it also show the training progress.  The plot above is average resting heart rate trend last 6 mounts.  When I resume the training the resting heart rate is getting lower.   Estimated VO2max and Lactate threshold, I only have data past 12 months since this is a new feature (data) in fenix 3 HR.  Previously, I did not have any device to get such data.   However, regarding heart rate, I had Vivosmart HR and I have a little more data than the others.  Based on my experience, the long term resting heart rate is probably a good factor to watch to see the training progress.

   Last a few years, including Apple watch, those "smart devices" are getting much better and collect various our body data to see many things in different aspect.   As I keep posting, they are good to to monitor our training activities, helping hiking, monitoring the progress, our body conditions and etc.
   I think even some low-end model has various monitoring features and they might be good enough to get some basic data for our daily training and supporting hiking.

   I really want to see what else we can utilize the devices.  I keep watching / looking for more useful way for those devices!

No comments:

Post a Comment