11/10/2017

Burst on a highway!

After the incident @ home

This is an incident last week, when I was on a way to back home.  A tire on my car got burst on a high way.  It happened suddenly.  The car lost speed and I felt loosing the power to tire.  I though it might be better not to move further.  At that moment, I was not sure if the care still could move or not.   I pulled the car to the right shoulder and called AAA to tow my car.  I thought it could be transmission trouble that I had an experience with this car before.

It was scare to stop on a highway in a night.  However the towing car was arrived earlier than I was noticed.   I asked the agent to tow my car to a dealer near my home.  For my safety, the agent asked me to get into the towing care immediately and I did not have a chance to look at my care at all.  So I had no idea what was going on.

But.... after arrived at the dealer, I looked at my care and a rear tire on the right was gone!  And finally I got what was going one.   So that I just replace the tire to a spare tire and drove my care to home.   That was a story.

The next day, I went to a tire shop to replace the tire.   The tire is relatively new and I just replaced them early summer this year.  The mileage is about 5,000 miles.  It is a new tire and a person in the tire shop was also very surprised.

I do not know the cause of the problem.  But in general, it could happen in transition of seasons due to a big temperature change.  Since the tire pressure could change due to the temperature.  In my case I did not recognize any sign from sensors.  But it is better to pay more attention especially such time.  If it is not usual it is better to check it to avoid such incident.

I was thinking that when a tire gets burst then it becomes very hard to control the car basically loosing control pretty badly.  However, my case was not that bad.  I still had control and that was reason I did not realize that was a tire issue.

Anyway, be careful!



No comments:

Post a Comment