11/15/2017

Running form issue .....

wearing out is not even


   Garmin fenix 3 HR has embedded optical heart rate sensor and it can monitor heart rate not only during an activity, but also monitor heart rate 24/7.   However, if people use chest strap type heart rate sensor, they can get some additional data from the sensor, such as running dynamics, running cadence and etc.  With some old Garmin running device, they requires foot-pod sensor to get the running cadence.   Now just chest-strap type heart rate sensor can get more information.


Ground contact time for a running activity

   If I look at my data, my ground contact time is tend to more on right foot based on the data.   Somehow, if I run faster, it is getting close to even.   I knew my running form might not be something really good.   This also shown on my running shoes as well.   The left foot sole is wearing out more than right side and outside is more than inside.


   I think this might be related my previous injury, which was stress fracture on my left leg.   So, it is obviously better to correct my running form somehow.  The problem is how I can do.  I have no idea about this.   Some internet search indicates stretching might help to improve this.   So I just started to do more stretching daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment