9/02/2016

Publishing Kindle books ~ drafting another book now!






KDP Select – A good way to promote my book!

   It’s been already 2 mounts after I published my first Kindle book about Mt. Whitney Hiking.  I published in English and Japanese.  It seems that some people are interested in the book and I do see some activities.   Originally, I did not enroll KDP select which allow Kindle Unlimited users to read the book free.   Since people do not know myself a lot and many people probably do not spend their money to buy my book.   So the sales activity is not high which is expected.  However, once I enrolled it, I do see more people start reading the books.  It seems like this is a good way to promote my book.  I still get some royalty based on pages people read.  So I am very happy that people are interested in and read my book.
   Since the topics is about a mountain in the United Sates, I thought the majority of reader could be people who live in the United States.   Yes, I think more than half of people who read the book is in the United States.   However, I do see many people in Europe and Japan also read the book.   I guess that many people still interesting to hike to Mt. Whitney even they are oversea.

Working on the next book now!

   Now, I have been working on writing (drafting) my next Kindle book now.  As I mentioned in my previous posts, the topic is “Heart Rate Based pacing during hiking”.   I have not decided the actual boot title, but this is what I have been posting some article this blog.   Originally, this is a book I really want to publish as a Kindle book.  However, I thought it would take longer to complete this topics.   Since I did not have any experience to publish a Kindle book.  I decided to publish a book to go through the process for publishing.   I think it’s a good idea.  Now I know what it looks like.  Once the draft is ready, I can publish in a short time.
   Now I am selecting some past hiking data to show in the book as examples.   Most of contents are posted in this blog before.  But I try to re-organize and explain more detail as a book.  This is more generic topic, not really depends on a specific region.  Therefore, I would expect more people reading the books.  Right now, I am writing in Japanese which is my native language and it allows me to complete drafting sooner.   I will publish a Japanese edition first and will take a few mounts to modify for English edition.   I am expecting to publish the English edition within this year.
 


Mt. Whitney Hiking Guide “Hiking the highest mountain in California”
·         Go to Amazon.com
(Or you may go to your local Amazon site and search “ASIN: B01IFSFBV6”)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment