9/08/2016

Garmin Forerunner 35 ~ It might be good enough??

Garmin Forerunner 35
Low cost! Only USD $ 199.99



   In the previous post, I mentioned about Garmin Fenix 3 HR which is a high-end model of multi sports watch.  A few days ago, I also got an E-mail from Garmin to introduce Forerunner 35.   Originally, I was considering to get Fenix 3 HR sometime in the future.  However I also mentioned that it was really expensive.  It is about USD $600, just for the watch.  My current device, which is Forerunner 910XT, is still working without any problems and I just want to try the heart rate monitor 24/7 during Mt. Whitney hiking to get some additional information.  Therefore, I have been looking for some other options as well.   One of options is Garmin Vivosmart HR, which is only USD $129.99 (as of September 7, 2016 at Garmin site).  Then, Forerunner 35 would be a good one.  It will be available 2016/Q3 and the price is USD $199.99.   Also, Garmin Vvosmart HR+ could be a good option as well. The price is USD $219.99 with GPS function.   All of them has wrist based heart rate sensor embedded in the watch, which allow to monitor the heart rate 24/7.


Garmin vivosmart HR+ with GPS function

   Off course, Fenix 3 HR has many advanced features, such as Lactate threshold estimate, VO2max estimate and etc.  They might be attractive, however, they are not really necessary.   So I start thinking to get those alternative instead of Fenix 3 for the next Mt. Whitney hiking.   I am not so rush to get it and I might spend some time to compare them and figure out what would be a good for my purpose.  Forerunner 35 is probably a good one which has a reasonably longer battery life.  Based on the specification on the Garmin web site, it can be around 13 hours with GPS mode.  I think it could be long enough for most of hiking.  We just need to charge in a tent when I do overnight hiking.  Or I can carry my current 910XT or handy GPS device to track where I walked with GPS. 
   Anyway, Garmin Forerunner 35 looks a good option for me.
(The hyper link cold be subject to change)

No comments:

Post a Comment