9/16/2016

Garmin Vivosmart HR (4) ~ Continue to analyze the heart rate reading!

Comparison for Long Run

Another Comparison data ~ Long Run

   I continue to compare the heart rate reading during training between the chest based sensor and the wrist based embedded sensor.  Today's data is a data during long run in Garmin Training Plan for full marathon (level 1).

    For detail for this training, it is 10 minutes walking and 20 minutes for a slow jogging.  I did it for 3 times.   Basically, the heart rate is getting high when I am jogging and getting lower when I am walking.

The result?

   In a short summary, the both reading data is almost the same.  However, the both sensor has a few spike during the training.   There is a spike in the beginning for Forerunner 910XT with the chest band sensor.  This is probably not a correct reading.  I saw a similar pattern in the past training.  Once it gets into stabled, I do not see such spike.  One the other hand, there is no spike for the wrist based sensor reading in the beginning.  So that I guess it is probably something related to the contact between the sensor and the body.  Per sensor instruction, it recommends to put some moisture before wearing the sensor.  I usually do not do it.  Once I run a few minutes, I probably get sweatting and it would be a similar result with putting some moisture.

    For the wrist based sensor, there are also spikes in the middle and the end.  They are abnormally high and they are probably not a right data.  Also, the reading is not very stable, the reading has a few beat moving range during the training.  It is a little unstable comparing with the chest based sensor.

   Anyway, the spike is very short duration and overall trend is the same.  Therefore, I would think they are not big deal in normal use.  I will collect more data and continue to compare the data for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment