5/31/2017

Pace management for Hiking with Heart rate ~ looking for more data

Mt. Whitney

   As I mentioned a couple times about a method to manage hiking pace based on heart rate.  I had published a Japanese edition a few months ago.   I have been working on the English edition now.  The book is based on just my experience.   I am looking for data from others, not only myself.

   Today, I am writing to ask people who read this blog to share other hiking data with GPS, especially Mt. Whitney and Mt. Shasta.  The both mountains are very popular destination for hiking in California.   Please let me know if somebody willing to share the data.   For people who have a Garmin device, I prefer to get "*.tcx" format.  For people who have a device from other vendors, I prefer to get "*.gpx" data.

   Based on my experience, I can see a significant pace down around 10,000 feet elevation.  I want to understand what the generic trend is.   This helps to understand what I am writing is really reasonable to apply to everybody.



No comments:

Post a Comment