5/01/2017

Mt. Whitney Hiking 2017 (7) ~ Better to check the reservation site now!


99-Switch back from Trail Camp

  May is coming!   Dates which were not confirmed by people who won the lottery were posted to the reservation site and they are available for all people who want to go hiking to Mt. Whitney this season.   I  checked a several times today, it seems that they posted some times in different time.   Some dates were not there in the morning, but I can see more in the evening today.

   The most popular date in July and August, those slots are limited, however, some slots are available and there might be a better chance in weekdays as of at 11:30pm on May 1st in Pacific time in the US.   There are much more slots for dayuse permit.  There are many weekend slots available.  I am not sure more slots will be posted or not.  However, there might be a good chance to find a slot next couple days.  It is worth to check for available dates.

   I also reserved a week end slot in the middle of July.

  There might be more snow than the last year.  So that people who plan to go there in early season including early July might want to check the snow condition before going there.

  Now I have reserved two different weekend and I will check the conditions and my overall plan to make my final decision.  If someone is interested in hiking with me in the end of September, please let me know.  I have an extra slot.


No comments:

Post a Comment