5/23/2017

Mt. Whitney Hiking 2017 (8) ~ After May 1st


   It is almost the end of May.  I checked the availability of the permit on the reservation site and there is almost no available date except very early / late season.   Right after May 1st, probably a few days, there are a couple dates I could see even if some weekends.   There were many dates in weekdays.   But about a week after most of them were going away.  It might be hard to get a permit unless somebody cancel the reservation.   At this moment, people who have not got the permit might want to check the reservation site often.   Also, they might want to take a chance to get it at the visitor center, but this one is no grantee.  That is only option for now.

   As I did see on the reservation site, there were many chances to get it if people check it those few days often.  This is a similar as what I saw last year.  Especially people who can go early / late season the chance is reasonably good.  At least I got two different dates with overnight permit and I will pick one of dates for this year's hiking.

   Now I will focus on preparation of the hiking, especially training for the long hiking this year.   As I posted yesterday, I got injured when I ran in Taiwan.  Therefore, I stopped running for a month and my fitness situation is getting worse now.   I will need to recover my fitness level in next few months for the hiking.  Now, I just started slow jog probably a several times a week.

(To be continue)

No comments:

Post a Comment