4/04/2018

SDRplay ~ Software-Defined Radio

RSP2 and RSP2pro

SDRplay RSP2

   I usually post a similar contents both in Japanese version and English version.   However, I post different contents here.   Since the post in Japanese is just talking about amateur radio life here in Dublin / California comparing with my old amateur radio life in Japan about 40 years ago.

   It's been for 3 months since I got a license in the US.   Since it might be hard to have HF antenna and radio in a short time.   I just bought a cheap transceiver BAOFENG.   Originally, I thought there might be many stations in V/UHF bands because it is very limited usage in HF for Technician class.   However, I watch 2m / 70cm bands daily, I cannot hear a lot of activities.   I guess very limited stations on some specific repeater are talking daily.

   Anyway, therefore, I really want to see what the other amateur bands look like.  Also I am interested in SDR (Software-Defined Radio).   Based on my research on the internet, SDRplay might be one I try to get.   There are some different model and I have not decided which one I will buy.  But I am thinking this might be my next project to get it and report what it looks like.   In a short time, I will try to get it and try to have a simple antenna for HF. 

No comments:

Post a Comment