4/09/2018

Recent VO2max trend

VO2max Trend (last 6 months)

VO2max Trend last 6 months

    In February, I got a little pain on my left leg and it seemed be a symptom of shin splint.  Therefore I stopped running about a months and just walking and indoor biking (station bike).  It was a middle of a full marathon training (level 1 from Garmin Connect).

   In march I resumed running 7 km every other days.   I have not started any training menu yet and I have not done any high intensity training like "interval training" last 2 months.   Since I was monitoring VO2max and lactate threshold as a factor of training effort.   Here is the recent trend of my VO2max.   (I have not hit to detect lactate threshold last 2 months since no high intensity training).

   Since there is no running in February, my VO2max was dropped in February.   Once I resume running, it is improved month by month.  February value is 40 [ml/kg/min] and the last value is 45 [ml/kg/min].   I just run 7 km every other day (build-up) and I can see a better improvement.  The average pace is improved.  Overall heart rate zone during the training is staying zone 2.

   At least, just running in zoon 2, even I just run 7km with out really high intensity effort, VO2max value is improved.   It shows the key is running regular basis.  I am not sure what my lactate threshold looks like since there is no recent data.  So the next step is to resume some high intensity training once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment