7/03/2017

Mt. Whitney Hiking 2017 (10) ~ Canceling a reservation

99-Switch-back last year (June/2016)

   It's July now.  It would be a good time to go hiking to Mt. Whitney this summer.   This year, I got a permit in the end of September through the lottery.   However, I wanted to be there earlier and I got a slot in the middle of July after the lottery.
   Originally, I planned to be there in July instead of September and I would cancel a reservation in September.   However, there are many things happening recently and it is hard to be there in July.  Therefore I am going to cancel a reservation in July this week.  I am not sure if the reservation is back to the reservation site right away or not.  But there might be a chance somebody who reads my blog to get the permit and I just notify it in my post.  Basically I cannot give the permit somebody else, only thing I would do is to cancel the reservation.   I just checked the availability on the reservation site, there is only spot on July 10th for two for overnight permit as of now, Noon on July 3rd (PDT/USA).


Availability as of noon on July 3rd, 2017 (PDT/USA)

The reservation I am going to cancel is an overnight permit from July 14 and 15 (Fri & Sat) 2017.  I plan to cancel around 2 ~ 3 pm (PDT) on July 4th, 2017.   I am interested how soon the permit is back to the reservation site or not.  I will check it after my cancellation.

I am not sure if other people can get it on the reservation site, but it might be worth to check if people who are still looking for a permit this summer.  Maybe there might be some chance.


No comments:

Post a Comment