6/26/2017

An example of usatg for Garmin fenix 3 HR ~ Estimation of Lactate Threshold



Lactate Threshold on Garmin Connect

   The previous posting was beginning of June, so that it's been for a while.   After the injury was getting better, I just resumed running, however, I got really bad flu and I stopped running for 3 weeks due to the flu.
   I am not fully recoverd, but I resumed running last Saturday.  I ran for 90 minutes, but the pace was really slow and I only ran 11 km.   Then, I was pointing about function of Garmin fenix 3 HR, I keep my eyes on the VO2max and Lactate threshold estimated by the device.  For VO2max, as I reported, the number was dropped to 36 [ml/kg/min] and a little recovered to 39[ml/kg/min] after I resumed running late last month.  After 3 weeks of resting, it was dropped to 38[ml/kg/min].  Probably, the ratio of dropping was slowing down and even if I rested for 3 weeks, the actual dropping is very minimum.
   However, the lactate threshold is a bit different.  The Garmin device provides 2 numbers, one is heart rate and the other is pace.  I am not really sure what the relationship for those 2 numbers.  Based on my recent data, the heart rate value is almost the same which is around 164[bpm], however the pace is slowly dropping.   It was 5:40/km in March, but now it is dropped to 6:28/km.  It is about 1 minute dropping.  Actually, I felt my breath is getting higher than before even with slower pace.  The number is probably indicates that situation.   To see my training progress, it is probably good to monitor those 2 numbers, VO2max and Lactate threshold especially the pace.  I will post how those numbers get improved.

   Before the injury, I had done a level 2 of full marathon menu.  But I guess it is better to back to level 1 after a few weeks of slow jog.   I am thinking to run every other days since I just resumed running after flu.

No comments:

Post a Comment