11/10/2016

Garmin fenix 3 HR ~ as a daily watch


Standard digital watch face

As a daily watch

   First of all, I am writing my first impression as a daily watch.
   This device has standard watch faces, which are a digital face and a analog face.  Many of photos for fenix 3 HR are the standard digital watch face.  However, there is an analog watch face as well.

Standard analog watch face

    The standard analog watch face is a simple one.

Garmin Connect IQ

   The next thing is Garmin Connect IQ, which support to customize the watch face, application, a gadget with downloading customized one.   I have not tried other than a watch face, But it is nice to customize the watch face with what you like from the store.

 Customized watch face in Garmin Connect IQ

   Personally, I prefer an analog watch face.  I download one above from the store.  It looks like chronograph watch.  The actual design includes to show altitude, remaining battery and steps.  The old generations are not really stylish, they were just a gear for activities.   The latest model is getting nicer and it looks like a regular watch.   With changing band, I think it can fit as an accessory most of occasions.

  Forerunner 910XT which is the one I have been using  is not very good as a daily watch due to the battery and GPS mode, it is not really designed for that usage.  Thus, I feel like this is getting much more convenient for me.

Physical dimension and the weight

   Before getting it, I thought it seemed that the physical dimension and the weight could be too much.   However, in a reality, the physical dimension is a similar as Forerunner 910XT with a little extra weight,  I do not feel that it is too big even if I am running.  It is actually better for me to read the data field with presbyopia.

   Even if I wear it 24/7, it is not a big problem to monitor my heart rate 24/7.   I think it is a good product for a daily use.

No comments:

Post a Comment