8/11/2016

Training data tracking for indoor activities

Food pod for Garmin devices



   I have been spending probably four to five days in a gym for my daily training for running and hiking.   For the indoor training, a typical GPS based running watch does not work very well.  I have a food pod to get my running cadence.   However, it does not work very well on Elliptical and Stair Master.  On a treadmill, it works when I am running, but it does not work very well when I am walking.  Probably the impact for each step might not be strong enough.  The reason I bought the food pod is to track more detail data like steps / distance during such indoor activities.  So if people wants to track indoor activities,  they need to recognize that the food pod might not work as they expected.

  There are some newer model from Garmin which has acceleration sensor to sense steps without foot pod.  It might work for the indoor activities.  My GPS watch does not have the sensor and I am actually using activity tracker “Vivo Smart” from Garmin.   It also has the acceleration sensor (motion sensor) to detect steps.  It works all right, but the distance might not be very accurate.   So I just using a relative comparison for each activities.  

  Or equipment for the indoor activity has own tracking data.  So that we can just capture those work-out result for your record. I just lazy to capture the data and I was looking for other way to track my work-out activity.  So, I decided to track relative distance for the same type of activity as well as my heart rate during the indoor activates with Vivo Smart.   For me, it works well!

No comments:

Post a Comment