2/23/2018

Mt. Whitney Lottery 2018

Mt. Whitney Trail ~ June 2016

   Mt. Whitney Lottery is now open through March 15, 2018.   It stated on February 1 and I just filed my application today.  Whoever plans to hike there this year, it is better to try to file the application before March 15, especially people who wants to hike during weekends.  It is usually hard to get it after the lottery.   To maximize the chance, it is better to do.

   Last year, there were many personal activities in summer time and I could not make it.   This year, there are a couple things I would try to find out:


  1. Try to capture my heart rate during sleeping in high elevation.  This was originally planed last year, however I could not be there last year.  Therefore, I really wants to see what my heart rate looks like during sleeping in higher elevation with my Garmin fenix 3 HR.
  2. Try to find out Amateur radio repeater availability on the trail.  Since I got amateur radio license and I am looking for how much useful amateur radio during such hiking.   Since the mobile network is not available most of the trail.   So, I want to see how much repeater access and APRS service available in this area.
  I hope I can get a permit one of weekends I put in my application!





No comments:

Post a Comment