4/09/2017

Garmin Forerunner 935 was announced on the web



   A several days ago, I checked Garmin US web site and I found a new model "Garmin Forerunner 935" was announced.   I am not really interested in the new model since I just got "Garmin Fenix 3 HR" late last year and I did not plan to get any new model any time soon.   However within a several months, fenix 5 was announced and it is available now and now Forerunner 935 is announced.   I am just interested in what's new.   The price is from USD $499.99 to 649.99.  The price difference is if heart rate monitor(s) are bundle or not.

   One of big improvements is a battery life.  For Forerunner 735XT is up to 14 hours in the GPS mode, now Forerunner 935 is up to 24 hours which is the same as Fenix 5 series.  It is a big pulse for hikers.  It is also longer than Fenix 3 HR which is up to 16 hours.   The water registrant is 5 ATM, on the other hand, Fenix series is 10 ATM.   However it is probably not a big deal for using not in water.  The price of Fenix 3 HR was adjusted to USD $549.99, however 935 is USD $50 lower, which is very attractive with some other new features.   I guess it would be one of good selection people who are thinking to buy a new GPS watches.

   It is usual facts that newer product introduce every several months.  It might be hard to decide when would be a good time to buy a new product.   One think I can tell is if people who use the previous generation of the products which does not have a feature to pair with a smart phone, I guess it is a good time to replace it to the current generation even if the current one is functional.  I am pretty happen to replace my old Forerunner 910XT to Fenix 3 HR.  I think it is very convenient especially with an embedded hard rate monitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment