10/27/2016

GPS Watch selection in 2016 Fall

Forerunner 910XT - It is a little out of date ...

   I am suggesting a pace management based on heart rate during hiking in this blog.   As a part of this topic, I have been using "vivosmart HR" to review the built-in wrist based optical heart rate sensor.   As a conclusion, I would think "vivosmart HR" would be one of good options as a low cost solution.

   On the other hand, I have been running regular bases and try to achieve a personal record for a full marathon.   I also keep hiking records with GPS.  Personally, I really wants to have a GPS watch for those purposes.
   Currently, I have been using "Garmin Forerunner 910XT" for running and hiking GPS tracking.  It is almost 4 years old and I have also been using "vivosmart" /  "vivosmart HR" for daily activity tracking.   It works well and I do not see much problems with those devices.  Recently, I started using "vivosmart HR".  It can monitor not only steps, but also heart rate 24/7.  It is very useful to monitor heart rate 24/7 other than just during hiking.   Especially, I realized that the rest heart rate could be getting higher after hard training and my health condition is not well.   They are a sort of known facts, however with my data, I really recognize the fact more and I can think about my health and training with more attention.

   Originally, I was interested in monitoring heart rate during hiking in higher altitude to see how it looks like.  For the purpose, I was really interested in a device with the built-in wrist based heart rate sensor.   Based on what I have now, which are "vivosmart HR" and "Forerunner 910XT".   I can get all data I want to see with those devices.  However if I look into the latest devices, it can be done with a device.
   It is also getting a lot of improvements for collaborating with a smart phone in last a few years.  We do not have to have PC to manage the data any more.  For a high-end model, we can capture some additional data as well.

   With this given situation, I am thinking to get a new device and there will be so many advantages with the latest device.   I am really interested in what would be options with the latest devices in 2016 fall.  Thus, I will post some considerations.



No comments:

Post a Comment