10/13/2016

Resting Heart Rate ~ Nice feature to monitor HR 24/7



HR on Garmin Connect Mobile
   It’s been almost a month since I started using vivosmart HR.  Today, I will talk about a feature to monitors my heart rate 24/7.   I used to check my heart rate when I get up in the morning to check my resting heart rate value some time.   Now, I can tell with just checking my heart rate trend on the smart phone.   My smart phone gets the heart rate data from vivosmart HR through Bluetooth.  It is convenient to know my resting heart rate looks like.  My resting heart rate is pretty consistent around 50 bpm.  The maximum heart rate of the day is really depending on what type of training I did.  For the maximum heart rate, if I check the maximum heart rate during a training, I will be able to tell what would be the maximum.
   Based on my data, my heart rate range now could be 50 ~ 175 bpm.   I used to see the maximum heart rate more than 180 bpm a few years ago.  But recently, it becomes something around 175 bpm.  I saw some higher values, but they seem not to be a real data.  They might be some error readings.  My age is now 50 years old.  Based on the common formula, “220 – age” which is 170 bpm.
   I just do a comparison for the heart rate zone definition which is used for heart rate base training.
Zone
With maximum HR
With reserved HR
Notes
Formula
Actual
Actual
5
90~100%
153~170
158~175
163~175
Sprinting pace
4
80~90%
136~153
140~158
150~163
Fast pace
3
70~80%
119~136
123~140
138~150
Moderate pace
2
60~70%
102~119
105~123
125~138
Comfortable pace
1
50~60%
85~102
88~105
113~125
Relaxed, easy pace

   For my case, there is not much difference between the formula and the actual value if we use a percentage of the maximum heart rate.  However, there is some gap, which is something around 5 ~ 20.   Based on the training contents, I think the percentage of the reserved HR is probably right range in my case and the percentage of the maximum HR is probably much easier side for me.  I am not sure if people can get a similar result for this or not.  But at least my case, it is probably better to start with the percentage of the maximum heart rate with estimate formula.  Once people figure out the maximum and the resting HR, then it could move to the percentage of the reserved heart rate.
   I guess people who is doing regular base training for long time could have a similar.  However, I would think that people who has not been training regular basis and just starts training might have different trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment