5/27/2016

Memorial Day Weekend ~ Camping in Big Basin Redwood State Park (California, USA)

Nice Redwood forest!
Long weekend this week!


   This weekend will be a long weekend with Memorial Day on coming Monday.  Camping during Memorial Day weekend is a sort of annual event in the past years.  A family arranges this camping almost every year and I really appreciate their arrangement.  It is not easy to reserve camping sites during such long weekend.

Camping in Big Basin Redwood State Park / CA
   This year we will go to Big Basin Redwood State Park in California / USA where is close to San Francisco Bay Area or Silicon Valley.  It is about an hour driving from San Jose and easy access from where we lives.  There is a nice redwood forest, the only thing is that it is sometimes cold in this time of a year.  We got a little rain a several years ago.

Hiking to Buzzard's Roost
   One of exciting thing this year will be a hiking to “Buzzard’s Roost”.  The trail hikes up to a peak and this is the first time to hike to a peak in the park.  So that I am really excited for the hiking!  The round trip is about 4.8 miles with total 1,200 feet elevation gain.  I probably takes a few hours.  I will wear an action cam recorder during the hiking and try to make a video.  I am not sure if I can get a good one because shooting a video with the action cam recorder is not really easy.  But we will try and upload the video to share in this blog.  Anyway, the bottom line, I will take some photos and write a short report.  I was thinking that it would be the first free kindle book I can publish.  Since I published a guide book for Mt. Whitney recently.  That is just a Japanese edition, but I will also plan to publish the English edition for sale.  But I also thinking to publish many free editions which is a short report for such short hiking.  It won’t be not many pages and the contents would be a similar as my posts in this blog.  Therefore, I think it is better to share by free!

No comments:

Post a Comment