10/02/2018

iPhone APP development (2)~ Mac remote desktop service

Requires Mac!

First of all, to develop iPhone APP, it requires a development software.   One which is the most popular is "Xcode" from Apple.  It can be downloaded from Apple.  The problem is it only run on Mac.

Unfortunately I do not have Mac, therefore I might need to buy a Mac for this development.   I also search on the internet.  It seems that there is a software named "Xamarin".  It allows to develop an iPhone APP on Windows.   I am not sure but I also see some comments on the internet to say there is no iOS emulator on Windows, thus it requires a real iPhone for debugging the software.

I could search more about this solution, however, it is probably less issues to use "Xcode".   I decided to use "Xcode" for now.


Cloud service for Mac remote desktop!!

A good news is I found out a remote desktop service.  I will try it first before getting a "real Mac".  There are a several provider for the service.  But I picked "Macincloud" since there is a low cost plan which is hourly basis.  Only USD $1 / hour.

To start using the service, just sign-up on the site.  Then they sent an email with instructions.  After downloading a zip file, then just clicking a file with a right resolution.  Then a remote desktop window comes up.   Please note a user name / password for the remote desktop is different from the user name and password when I signed up.  I could not login since I was using a wrong user name and password.

It is a little slower than I expected, but overall it is not a big problem and I confirm "Xcode" is installed by default and it works.   I guess many people use this service for a similar purpose.

The next step is to write a simple program.




No comments:

Post a Comment