11/28/2014

Japanese sake brewing project (5) ~ fermentation is in progress!

Surface of MOROMI in the 7th day from the 1st addition (1st building up)

Fermentation is in progress!

It's been about 2 weeks from the first day of the brewing process and the 9th day from the 1st addition (1st building up).   The fermentation is a bit slowing down now, but the bubble from the air lock is still going on in a short period.

Original plan was not to open the lid so often, I was thinking just shaking the tank.   However, there is a layer of rice on the surface and I think it is necessary to stir  a few times a day to get more uniform fermentation.   So that I need to be really careful and have a good sanitation every time to open the lid.

Taste?

Since I open the lid every day, I usually take a small amount of sample and taste it every day.   It is not to bad at all.  The rice is getting softer and taste is getting better day by day.

Next Step?

Probably another week to complete the fermentation and will separate liquid part.   Also, I started to considering how I will do the next batch.    Since the recipe and process is not really completely established and I think it might be better to try more batches other than a large amount.   Therefore, I will try to optimize the amount to fit 2 gallon fermentation tank instead of 5 gallon tank. 

(To be continue)




No comments:

Post a Comment