11/23/2014

Japanese sake brewing project (4) ~ NAKAZOE / TOMEZOE (Second / Third addtion)

Before NAKAZOE (Second addition)

NAKAZOE / TOMEZOE (Second / Third addition)

 As I mentioned in the previous posts, a traditional way to brew Japanese SAKE is typically use 3-steps addition.   The first addition is called HATSUZOE, the next one after 2 days of the first addition is called NAKAZOE and the last addition is called TOMEZOE, that is typically the next day of NAKAZOE.   However, I was out of town after NAKAZOE and I could not do TOMOZOE the next day.   So I did it two days after NAKAZOE.

Fermentation is active after the first addition, adding more to keep active fermentation and smelling is getting better.

 Right before the third addition (the last addition), I got a little sample from the tank and filtered with a coffee dripping system.  Since we are addition more materials after the first addition, the alcohol level was getting lower temporally, however, the smell and taste is much better than I was expected.

Early tasting right before TOMEZOE (Third addition)

It is still not really clear, but the taste is already Japanese SAKE.

I think everything is going well at this moment and keep monitoring the fermentation status at lease once a day.

(To be continue)



No comments:

Post a Comment