4/22/2014

Big Sur International Marathon 2014

Big Sur International Marathon 

Big Sur International Marathon is one of most popular marathon race in California.  For this year's race registration, it was sold out within a few hours on the first day of the registration.
The course is a beautiful along a coast line on CA-1.

Last year, I ran the race without enough  training due to an injury, stress fracture, on my left leg.  I wanted to run it with a good condition.  So that I register the race this year again.

Planter faciitis

Since I finished a full marathon last year, the stress fracture on my left leg was healed.  I supposed to resume a regular training and I would be a good condition this year.
Unfortunately, I got planter faciitis late last year.  This is for the first time for me and I had never had it before.   The training was not getting really hard like before I got stress fracture.   Due to a recovery phase, I did not push me very hard.   But some reason, the pain was getting worse and I saw a few doctors.

However, I have not recovered from it yet.   It is getting better last a few months, but I feel a little pain at the first step when I get out from a bed in the morning.   I stopped running since late last year and I only did elliptical in a gym.   Last a few weeks, I tried to run around 10 miles, however, the pain was getting a bit worse.

So I decided not to run this year's race........

Today, I call a hotel to cancel the reservation this weekend.

No good treatment.....

Planter faciitis is not easy to get healed.   Even if I stopped running for a few months, the pain in the morning has never been going away.  Only improvement is a day time, after a several week of rest, I did not feel any pain in a day time.

Per doctor's suggestion, I stopped running, did stretching every day including night splint, put a special sole to support arch and etc.
They might help to release from pain, however, once I resume running, the pain is always coming back.....

Hope I can run the race next year

I really want to run Big Sur with a good condition.  I probably try it next year again.   Now I am focused on recovery from the injury. 
I hope it is getting better and I can find a solution continue to do regular base training.


No comments:

Post a Comment