4/26/2014

Alviso Marina County Park



Alviso Marina County Park

Alviso is the south end of San Francisco Bay.  There is a small village and a few restaurants in this area.   At the end of the road, there is a small park called Alviso Marina Country Park.
In a map, it seems to be a part of the bay, however, if we go there, it looks like a trail around a lake.

From the parking lot, there is a trail loop and I went there for jogging this morning when my kids were in Japanese school in San Jose.


Jogging on a trail

Due to some rain yesterday, the trail was muddy again.   It was not easy to run in the condition.  Within a several steps, a lot of mud stick to soles and it was getting heavy in the first 20 to 30 minutes.   There is some cloud, but overall it was nice weather.
Along the trail, there are yellow flowers, they look like rape blossoms, but it might be different one.  A little wind was good for jogging, it was not too hot, not to cold.  

 Flowers on the both sides of trail

For me, it was the first time to jog this trail and I am not sure if I could do loop.   So I just watched time and distance on my GPS watch.  If I took two hours or 6~7 miles, I planed to turn around.  However, it was all right and I could do loop.   Most of people turned around around 2 ~3 miles, only one group was doing loop.

 Rail road -- Straight!
The second half was along a rail road and it was a really long straight section.   In this section, there was some white bubble, I did not know the word in English, based on a dictionary, it seems that it would be named whitecap in English.   It was on the trail and it looked like snow on the trail.....

 Beautiful sky!



 It was like snow!


The distance of the loop is about 9 miles and I slowly jogged there and I took 2 hours.  

After jogging, I went to Maria Elena's Mexican Restaurant for lunch.   It was not so crowded like weekdays and I had a nice time in Alviso.

Map I jogged today

No comments:

Post a Comment