8/03/2019

Hike in Yosemiete NP !



August 3, 2019

Hiking in Yosemite NP

I went hiking twice within 2 weeks to Yosemite National Park this summer.

Due to a lot of snowing last winter, there was still a lot of snow on the trail.
It was much more than June in 2016!

Mt. Dana

From summit of Mt. Dana

It was my second time to hike to Mt. Dana.
Since I woke up late, when I arrived at the trail head it was a little before 11am.
The parking lot near Tioga Pass entrance was full.  However I got a parking spot with a little waiting.
It is probably better going there early to ensure to get a parking spot!

There were two sections where the trail was covered by snow about 300 feet.
Some people detour to avoid snow, however, I thought it might be much easy to hike straight.
I hike on the snow with an ice axe.

It have not had hiking for a while.  I was really exhausted.  The round trip was about more than 4 hours!

Gaylor Lake

Gaylor Lake

The second hike was today!
Since my family went there with me, I picked much easier one.
The trail head is also the same as Mt. Dana, but this one heads to north instead of south for Mt. Dana!

It was just 2 hours hiking from the parking lot.  It is much easier than Mt. Dana.  Just relax and enjoy very nice view around the lake!

Snow on a trail toward Mt. Dana was melted a lot.  There was still some snow, but it was getting much smaller than 2 weeks ago!





No comments:

Post a Comment