10/07/2017

Resting heart rate - Usage of Garmin fenix 3 HR

Heart rate trend on Sep 26

   Today's topic is a resting heart rate.  Previously, before I got a Garmin device which can monitor my heart rate 24/7, I used to check my heart rate right after I wake up.  Recently my Garmin device can monitor my heart rate 24/7 and it is easy to tell my resting heart rate.

   Based on the data, my resting heart rate is roughly 50~60 bpm.  This is also depending on a training progress.  If I stopped the training for a while, the number was going up.  On the other hand, when my training progress was getting good, then the number was going down.  The training I am talking here is an aerobic training.

   The other thing I found out recently is the number after a hard training or when I felt tired, then the resting heart rate is relatively higher.  The data I showed in the beginning is a heart rate trend on September 26 this year.   The resting heart rate right before waking up is about 52 bpm.   I also did an interval training after work.  That is why the heart rate in the evening is getting higher.

Heart rate trend on Sep 27

   The next day, the resting heart rate before waking up is 58 bpm.  The difference is small, but I can see a similar trend in the past.  The resting heart rate is usually higher if I have a hard training a day before.  Probably it is due to my age, I usually feel tired if I do a hard training a day before.  I guess the data for younger people might be different from what I see myself.   However, for my age, I guess it is probably better to take a reasonable resting to recover after a hard training.

   I expected to get a similar data on high altitude during a hiking like 14,000 feet elevation.  However, as I posted I could not go hiking this year and collecting / analyzing the data will be after next year.....   This would be an interesting data to understand my body reaction in high altitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment