4/13/2013

Rancho San Antonio Open Space Preserve

Rancho San Antonio Open Space Preserve
On top of a small hill, it was really nice view from here!

   Every Saturdays, we send kids to a Japanese school.  In a mean while kids are in the school, we usually do not go back to home since our home is far away from the school.  It is about 40 minutes drive.   So that we spend almost a whole day near the school.
   Recently, I spent most of my time in a fitness club since I get injury and a doctor does not recommend to go hiking or running out side.  Only I could do is non impact fitness training.  However, the doctor told me that a light hiking could be a good before start running out side.  This is the first hiking after this injury.

   Around the school there are many hills and trails.  My favorite is Black Mountain from the ridge line, however it is a little far away from the school.  Today, I went to Rancho San Antonio where is located about 10~15 minutes drive from the school.  It is really nice park with short / long trails.  Some people do trail running.  This place is really popular place and it is very hard to find out a parking spot.   Also, street parking is not allowed in the local street.  That is only problem to visit this park.  This morning, we are so lucky to get a rally nice parking spot and it was no problem at all.  It is really rarely happen!

  Due to this is the first hiking after the injury, we picked a short and easy trail which is from "Lower Meadow Trail" to "Coyote Trail" then the parking lot.  It is really easy one, there is no steep portion and most of part is under the shade, not too hot.  Then once we got into the top of a small hill the view is really nice.  This trail also connected to "PG&E trail" that is a bigger loop and a better view from higher location.  However, the junction of the trail is a little steep and we gave up and continue to "Coyote Trail" to go back to the parking lot.   From the top, we can see a whole "Silicon Valley" and nice green color on hills in spring.

  This is totally different experience compare with the indoor training in the gym.  The flesh air, Sun shine and wind make me feel really good and I really realize I like do something outdoor.  I think I am so close to resume hiking and running very soon and I hope I can try Mt. Shasta again some time in May!!

   Anyway, we had a really nice time in the park even it was just 1 hour easy / short hiking!!

   This is a really nice place go hiking, this place is not far from town.  To get parking spot.  I recommend to be there early!!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment