11/25/2013

Lovejoy comet 2013

Lovejoy comet (C/2013 R1) in the yellow circle on the left lower corner.

The end of 2013, there are a few comets near solar system.  Last week, many photos for ISON comet (C/2012 S1) were posted on the internet.    It can be observed without telescope starting from early November 2013.   I also tried to find it last weekend, but it was too late to see before passing the sun.  Since the location was getting lower and the east sky is getting brighter due to sun rise.   The last chance will be after passing sun, that will be early December.  I hope I still have a chance to see it.

Since I did not have a chance to see ISON comet last weekend, I tried to find another comet called "Lovejoy comet (C/2013 R1)" last 2 days.  It is near, east side of Ursa Major constellation.   In a town, it might be hard to find out without telescope.  However, if you have a little nice digital camera, you may be able to find out on a photo.

You may find it on the north sky near Ursa Major before sun rise some time around 4am ~ 5pm.  It will continue to toward north side. 

I will continue to watch the both comets next a few days.








No comments:

Post a Comment